NEET 2020: Application Form, Exam Pattern, Exam Date
NEET 2020 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) giving an opportunity to the students to get enrolled in MBBS, BDS and Ayush courses offered by most of the medical colleges in the country. The exam is expected to be held twice a year and will most probably be conducted in the online mode where a computer system will be allotted to the candidates to answer the questions displayed on the computer screen. Candidates should note that they can apply for the NEET exam via online mode only. The application form for the exam to be conducted in May will be made available from 2nd December 2019. Students should confirm their eligibility status before they proceed for the application form.
News: NEET 2020 application form is going to be released by 2nd December 2019.
NEET 2020 Important Dates
The official dates for NEET 2020 exam are as follows-
|Availability of online application form||2nd December 2019|
|Last date of application form submission||31st December 2019|
|Opening of the correction window||December 2019|
|Admit card releasing||27th March 2020|
|Exam date||3rd May 2020|
|Answer key releasing||2nd/3rd week of May 2020|
|Result declaration||4th June 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is provided below-
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Type of Questions: objective type (MCQ based)
- Total number of Questions: 180 questions
- Exam Language: Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for marking the right answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for marking the wrong answer
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
The syllabus of the NEET exam is based on the subjects taught at the level of class 10+2. Students need to prepare the topics under physics, chemistry and biology subjects to fetch good marks in the exam. Here are some of the key topics to be prepared under the NEET syllabus-
Chemistry: Structure of Atom, Solutions, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Kinetics, etc.
Physics: Kinematics, Physical World and Measurement, Laws of Motion, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Work, Energy and Power, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, etc.
Biology: Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Reproduction, Diversity in Living World, Cell Structure and Function, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Genetics and Evolution, Plant Physiology, Biology and Human Welfare, etc.
How to prepare for NEET 2020?
Candidates need to score good marks in the NEET exam so that they can get admission in a good medical college. Here are some useful tips with the help of which they can fetch positive results-
- Plan your study schedule wisely: Make a time table that you can follow easily and don’t put unnecessary goals in it which you cannot achieve overnight or in a day or two.
- Collect the necessary books for studies: Only refer the reliable sources whenever you start the exam preparation.
- Always begin with the NCERTs: Ideally the students should start their exam preparation by going through the NCERTs first. The NCERTs serves as a holy grail for the exam. Therefore, it mustn’t be ignored under any circumstances.
- Make short notes while preparing: Short notes will help you in quick revision.
- Don’t neglect revision: Always make sure to revise the topics you’ve studied at the end of the day. Revise the complete syllabus at least twice before the exam.
- Solve mock test/previous year papers: Solving the previous year papers will help you in getting some idea on the questions asked in the exam. You should practice mock test daily to improve your performance and strengthen the weak areas where improvement is required.
Here are some of the notable reference books to excel in the NEET entrance exam-
- Chemistry: Avasthi problems in physical chemistry, Organic chemistry by Solomon’s and Frythle’s Organic Chemistry, or Morrison Boyd, or Himanshu Pandey, Objective chemistry by Dinesh publications.
- Physics: Fundamental physics by Pradeep publications, Concepts of Physics by HC Verma, Physics by DC Pandey.
- Biology: Truman’s elementary biology, Modern ABC of biology, Biology by Pradeep publication.
NEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form available on the official website of the NTA. Before proceeding for the registration, students need to keep their documents and scanned copy of photograph and signature ready. Candidates first need to register for the exam by providing their basic details such as personal details, academic details, and other relevant details. After which, they will get a unique application number which is to be used while login into the website.
Once the students login into the website to fill rest of the form, they will be prompted to upload their latest scanned photograph and signature in proper format. Candidates will then need to proceed towards the application fee payment part which is mandatory. Applications received without the requisite fee will be rejected by the authority. Candidates will be given a window of opportunity to edit the details mentioned in the form. Once the correction window is closed, no further chance will be granted to them to make changes in their form.
General and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 1400/- as the application fee. Those belonging to the SC/ST/PH category must pay Rs. 750/- towards the application fee. The payment can be made by credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI and E-Wallets.
The eligibility criteria for NEET exam are given below-
Age limit: The age of the candidates must be minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years as on 31st December on the year of admission. Candidates from reserved category can claim relaxation in age.
Nationality: Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIO, OCIs and Foreign nationals can apply for the entrance exam.
Qualifying examination: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university with minimum 50% aggregate marks (40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for PH candidates) in PCB subject group or its equivalent.
Subjects: Candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
Note: Those appearing in class 12th may also apply for the exam.
The admit card for NEET 2020 exam can be downloaded from the official website of the NTA. Candidates should take the printout copy of the hall ticket and preserve it till the admission is done. It is mandatory for the students to carry the admit card to the exam hall without which they won’t be allowed to appear in the examination. The admit card must not be damaged/torn or mutilated under any circumstances.
Result and Counselling
The result of the NEET exam will most probably be announced in the month of June 2020 via online mode. Candidates can check their performance in the exam by visiting the official web portal of NTA. The authority will prepare the rank list of the candidates based on the marks secured by them in the exam. Students will be invited for the counselling procedure as per the merit rank and will be allotted a seat in a medical college based on that.