Kerala Polytechnic 2020: All the Important information
The Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala will organize the Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission process to select candidates for admissions into polytechnic institutes of the state. Candidates who have passed their SSLC/ THSLC exam will be able to apply for the same in the month of May 2020 (tentatively). The interested and eligible applicants are required to submit their application both in online and offline mode. Enrolment will be offered in two streams- stream 1 (Engineering and Technology) and stream 2 (Commercial Practice and Computer Application & Business Management).
Major Highlights of Kerala Polytechnic 2020
- A candidate already admitted in the Diploma programme in a particular academic year can apply for admission in the subsequent academic year as a fresh candidate.
- Candidates who secure eligibility for higher studies in the second chance, 0.5 score will be deducted for index score calculation.
- Those who feel difficulty in filling the application form by themselves can take help from the Help Desks, free of cost.
- Candidates must report for taking part in the selection process at the specified polytechnic college on the given date and time.
- In case, the candidate is not able to report, the parent/ guardian, or any authorized person can appear on his/ her behalf on production of authorization letter.
Kerala Polytechnic Exam schedule 2020
The tentative dates regarding the Kerala Polytechnic 2020 admission process are given below.
|Online application form release date||May 2020, 2nd week|
|Last date for submission of application form||May 2020, last week|
|Last date for registration for Government/ Aided polytechnic colleges||May 2020, last week|
|Release of provisional rank list and trial allotment||June 2020, 1st week|
|Last date for appeal & submission of revised options||June 2020, 2nd week|
|Release of final rank list and 1st allotment list||June 2020, 3rd week|
|Last date for admission (1st round of allotment)||June 2020, 3rd week|
|Release of 2nd allotment list||June 2020, 4th week|
|Last date for admission (2nd round of allotment)||June 2020, last week|
|Release of 3rd allotment list||July 2020, 1st week|
|Last date for admission (3rd round of allotment)||July 2020, 2nd week|
|Beginning of classes||July 2020, 2nd week|
|Release of 4th allotment list||July 2020, 2nd week|
|Last date for admission (4th round of allotment)||July 2020, 3rd week|
|Spot admission||July 2020, 3rd week|
|Closing of admission process||July 2020, last week|
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates applying for Kerala Polytechnic 2020:
|Nationality||The candidate should be a citizen of India.|
|Domicile||The candidate should be:|
i) Native of Kerala or
ii) Undergone a qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or
iii) Parent(s) should be a permanent employee in Central/ State/ Quasi Government/ Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State
|Qualification||The candidate should have passed SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examination with eligibility for higher studies with Mathematics, English and Science subjects to be eligible for both stream I and stream II.|
Candidates who have passed qualifying examination with Mathematics and English are eligible for stream II only.
Candidates securing the eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examinations in more than 2 two attempts are not eligible.
Application Form 2020
- The candidates will be able to fill and submit their applications online through the website www.polyadmission.org.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details.
- Candidates will also be allowed to provide their choice for course and institution at the time of filling of application form.
- After providing all the information into the form, the candidate should submit it in online mode.
- The candidates should then take out a printout of the application form, get it duly signed by parent/ guardian and also self-attest the form.
- This hardcopy along with the required application fee and supporting documents should be submitted at any convenient Government/ Aided Polytechnic Colleges.
- A registration number will be issued to the candidates at the time of submitting the application form.
- Candidates will be able to verify the status of their registered application in the website using their registration number.
- The application fee for Kerala polytechnic 2020 will be Rs. 150/- for general/ OBC candidates and Rs. 75/- for SC/ ST candidates.
- Payment of application fee can be done while handing over the hard copy of the application form at any polytechnic institute.
The following documents should be submitted along with the application form:
|Date of birth||Relevant page of SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent examination|
|Qualification proof||Mark list of SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent certificate|
|VHSE category candidates||Mark list of VHSE|
|ITI/ KGCE candidates||Mark list/ certificate of ITI/ KGCE|
|Backward districts’ (Pathanamthitta, Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasargod) candidates||Nativity/ Domicile certificate from Village Officer OR|
Copy from the Head of the institution where the candidate undergone study from class 8th to 10th and appeared for qualifying examination
|Domicile||Relevant page of SSLC or equivalent showing the place of birth of the candidate OR|
Relevant page of SSLC/ Passport or equivalent showing the place of birth in Kerala of parent(s) of the candidate & a certificate to establish relationship between the parent and the candidate OR
Certificate of birth from the competent authority of candidate or the parent(s) along with a certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate OR
Residential certificate from the Village Officer/ Tahsildar stating that the candidate has been a resident of Kerala for a period of five years within a period of ten years OR
Relevant page of SSLC or equivalent certificate to show that the candidate has undergone the qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala OR
Certificate issued by the employer that any of the parents of the candidate is working in Central/ State/ Quasi Government/ Public Sector undertaking in Kerala state, specifying the place and district in Kerala where that firm/ office is located
|SEBC candidates||Valid Community certificate from village officer|
|SC/ ST candidates||Community certificate issued by the Tahsildar|
|Special reservation||Certificate from the Competent authority in support of the special Reservation claimed|
|PwD candidates||Medical certificate from the Medical Board|
|Economically backward candidates||Income certificate from Concerned Village Officer|
- First, a provisional rank list of the successfully registered candidates will be prepared on the basis of their qualifying exam marks.
- Applicants will be able to see their rank in this list by visiting the official website.
- The candidates should carefully check the list and if there is any error, it should be communicated to the Principal of the Polytechnic College where original application was submitted.
- Along with the rank list, a trial allotment list will also be made available online so that the candidates can get an idea about the chances of getting allotment to a programme and college.
- After that, a final rank list along with the first allotment list will be released by the authorities.
- The allotment list for allotment will be prepared on the basis of the index mark obtained, the option exercised and the reservation criteria if any.
- Separate lists will be prepared for selection of candidates under stream I and stream II.
- Candidates who are allotted a seat will have to join the allotted seat or else their candidature will be cancelled.
- The applicants not satisfied with the allotted college can claim for higher options while retaining the existing allotment.
- In further allotment, if the candidate gets higher options, the existing allotted option will be cancelled automatically.
- Those fail to get a higher option in further allotment can join the existing allotment.
- However the candidate is bound to join the allotted institute after the final allotment.