JEE Main 2020
JEE Main 2020 Exam Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
NTA will be conducting the JEE Main 2020 to select candidates for admissions into engineering, technology, architecture and planning courses offered by different participating institutes. The JEE Main exam will also be a qualifying exam for appearing in the JEE Advanced exam. The exam will be conducted twice in January and April. The interested candidates can submit their application online. The complete details of the JEE Main 2020 such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility, etc are provided in this article.
New Updates– JEE Main 2020 application form will be accessible online from 2nd September 2019, official dates are now released.
JEE Main 2020 Important Dates
The official dates related to JEE Main Exam 2020 are given below. The exact dates have been updated according to NTA calendar 2020:
|First attempt||Second attempt|
|Beginning of online application process||2nd September 2019||7th Feb 2020|
|Last date of submitting application form||30th September 2019||7th March 2020|
|Correction in application form||October 2019, 2nd week||March 2020, 3rd week|
|Release of admit card||6th December 2019||16th March 2020|
|Exam date||6th to 11th January 2020||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|Result declaration||31st January 2020||30th April 2020|
|Commencement of counseling||To be notified|
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the applying candidates:
- There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main 2020.
- The candidates who have passed their class 12th exam in the year 2018 & 2019 and those who will appear in 2020 are eligible.
- The candidates should have passed in at least 5 papers in their class 12th
- For BE/ B.Tech, the candidates should have passed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For B.Arch/ B.Plan, the candidates should have passed 10+2 exam with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates should have scored at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination (65% for SC/ ST candidates) or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th examination conducted by the respective Boards.
JEE Main Application Form 2020
The JEE Main application form 2020 will be filled and submitted in online mode by visiting the official NTA website www.jeemain.nic.in. The candidates must keep all the important details ready with them before applying for the exam.
- The candidates will have to provide the examination details, personal details, academic details, contact details and guardian details into the application form.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format.
- After providing all the details in the form, the candidates will have to submit the application form.
- The applicants will also have to pay the application fee along with the application form.
- After the submission of application form, the candidates must take its printout and keep it safe for future reference.
The application fee payment can be done by credit card / debit card/ net banking/ e-Challan using SBI-MOPS facility of State Bank of India.
|Exam center||In India||Outside India|
|For BE/ B.Tech or B.Arch||For general/ OBC category||Boys- Rs. 500/-|
Girls- Rs. 250/-
|Boys- Rs. 2000/-|
Girls- Rs. 1000/-
|For SC/ ST/ PWD category||Boys- Rs. 250/-|
Girls- Rs. 250/-
|Boys- Rs. 1000/-|
Girls- Rs. 1000/-
|For BE/ B.Tech and B.Arch both||For general/ OBC category||Boys- Rs. 900/-|
Girls- Rs. 450/-
|Boys- Rs. 3000/-|
Girls- Rs. 1500/-
|For SC/ ST/ PWD category||Boys- Rs. 450/-|
Girls- Rs. 450/-
|Boys- Rs. 1500/-|
Girls- Rs. 1500/-
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Mode of exam: Computer-based (except B.Arch drawing test)
- Medium of exam: English, Hindi and Gujarati
- Type of questions: Objective type (except B.Arch drawing test)
- Marking scheme: +4 marks for each correct answer, -1 for each incorrect answer
|Subject||No. of question||Maximum marks|
Syllabus For JEE Main 2020
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations And Functions, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Matrices And Determinants, Permutations And Combinations, etc
- Physics: Physics And Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Work, Energy And Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Laws Of Motion, etc
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry, States Of Matter, Chemical Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, p-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, etc
- Arch/ B.Plan Aptitude Test: Awareness of Persons, Places, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Three-Dimensional Perception, etc
How to prepare for JEE Main Exam 2020?
- First of all, make a time table for exam preparation. It helps in proper management of time for studies, practice and revision.
- Collect the study material at one place. Make sure that all study material you collect are from reliable sources.
- Solve previous year’s question papers for practice. In this way, you will get some idea of the exam pattern as well.
- All the topics you complete as you proceed towards preparation, revise those topics from time to time.
- Do not neglect your health while studying for the exam. Eat balanced diet and get proper rest.
- The admit card for appearing in the JEE Main, the admit card will be issued to all the candidates.
- The admit card will release around 2 weeks before the exam and can be downloaded from the official NTA website.
- The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and must carry it to the exam center.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates must also carry one passport size photograph, one photo ID (original, valid and non-expired) and PwD certificate issued by the competent authority, if applicable.
- The result will be declared on 31st Jan 2020 (for first attempt) and 30th April 2020 (second attempt).
- Result will be announced in online mode and the candidates can check the result from the official website.
- After the announcement of the result, the data will be handed over to the CSAB/ JoSAA or the concerned institute for seat allocation and admission.
- There will be no provision for re-evaluation of the result and no request should be made regarding this.
- The JEE Main counseling will be conducted by the CSAB/ JoSAA or the concerned institute.
- The details of the counseling will be given to the candidates on the website of the conducting authority.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the exam. The counseling will be done according to the merit list.
- The candidates can provide the choice for the course and institute at the time of counseling.
- Seat allotment will be done according to the rank of the candidates and the choice made by them.