UPSC CAPF 2020- Assistant Commandants Recruitment
UPSC CAPF 2020 exam will be conducted by the commission to select the candidates for recruitment of Assistant Commandants into Central Armed Police Forces. The application form for the same will be released most probably in the month of April 2020. The interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill and submit their application in online mode. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written exam, physical/ medical tests and interview/ personality test. Candidates can find the complete details related to the UPSC CAPF 2020 recruitment process from this post.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Highlights
- Process of application will be completely online but the exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
- The recruitment of the candidates will be based on their performance in written exam and interview and number of vacancies available.
- Verification of documents and eligibility will be done at the time of interview/ personality test.
- Admit card downloaded should be carefully checked by the candidates and any problem related to it must be communicated to the commission.
- Any incorrect information into the application form or the OMR answer sheet can lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Those who have been finally selected earlier for the post of Assistant Commandants in any of the forces participating in the CAPF exam will not be eligible to appear.
UPSC CAPF 2020 Dates
The tentative dates related to UPSC CAPF 2020 are given below as:
|Availability of online application form||April 2020, 4th week|
|Last date to submit the application form||May 2020, 3rd week|
|Release of e-admit card||July 2020, 3rd week|
|Exam date||August 2020, 2nd week|
|Result announcement||Yet to be notified|
|Date of PET/ PST||Yet to be notified|
|Interview date||Yet to be notified|
|Declaration of final result||Yet to be notified|
Check below the exam pattern for UPSC CAPF 2020:
- Number of papers: 2- Paper I and Paper II
- Exam duration: 3 hours for each paper
- Type of questions: Paper I objective type and Paper II descriptive type
- Total marks: 450
- Negative marking: One-third marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer in objective type paper.
|Paper I||General Ability and Intelligence||250 marks||English & Hindi|
|Paper II||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200 marks||English|
The detailed syllabi for both the papers of UPSC CAPF exam are given below:
- General Mental Ability: Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude Including Numerical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- General Science: General Awareness, Scientific Temper, Comprehension & Appreciation of Scientific Phenomena of Everyday Observation Including New Areas of Importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology & Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: Awareness of Current Events of National & International Importance in field of Culture, Music, Arts, Literature, Sports, Governance, Societal And Developmental Issues, Industry, Business, Globalization & Interplay Among Nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Country’s Political System and the Constitution, Social Systems & Public Administration, Economic Development, Regional & International Security Issues and Human Rights.
- History of India: Social, Economic & Political Aspects of Indian History, Areas of Growth of Nationalism and Freedom Movement.
- Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social & Economic Aspects of Geography Pertaining to India and the World.
- Part A (80 marks): Essay questions to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English. The indicative topics are modern Indian History Related to Freedom Struggle, Geography, Polity & Economy, Knowledge of Security & Human Rights Issues and Analytical Ability.
- Part B (120 marks): Comprehension, Précis Writing, Developing Counter Arguments, Simple Grammar Other Communications/ Language Skills to be attempted in English.
The application form for UPSC CAPF 2020 will be released online on the official website upsconline.nic.in. The candidates will have to fill the application in two parts- Part I and Part II. Candidates must read all the instructions very carefully before submitting their application.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and educational details.
- Scanned copies of candidates photograph and signature should also be uploaded in the application form.
- After providing all the details correctly in the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- Along with the application form, the candidates will also have to pay a prescribed amount of application fee.
- Once the form and fee are submitted successfully, the candidates should take a printout of the filed-in application form and keep it with them.
- The candidates will have to pay an amount of Rs. 200/- as application fee. SC/ ST/ Female candidates will be exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done via cash by depositing pay-in slip at any branch of SBI or through SBI net banking, any bank credit card/ debit card.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CAPF 2020
The eligibility criteria that must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for UPSC CAPF 2020:
- Nationality: Only candidates of Indian nationality are eligible to apply. Those with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing be appointed or employed under these Rules can apply too.
- Age limit: The candidates who have attained the age of 20 years and have not attained the age of 25 years as on 1st August 2020 are eligible.
- Gender: Both male and female candidates are eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree of a recognized university/ institution in order to be eligible. those in the final year of the bachelor’s degree programme are also eligible to apply for the exam.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxed as per the following:
- 5 years for an SC/ ST candidate
- 3 years for an OBC candidate
- 5 years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government
- 5 years for Ex-Servicemen
- 5 years for a candidate who had ordinarily been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
- The eligible candidates will be issued admit card three weeks before the commencement of the examination.
- Applicants will be able to download their admit card from the UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- To download the admit card, the candidates will have to provide details such as registration id/ roll number/ name, father’s name and date of birth.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card and must carry it to the exam center.
- No admit card will be sent via post or anything and will only be made available in online mode.
- The result of the UPSC CAPF 2020 written exam will be declared in online mode on the UPSC website.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to take part in the physical standard test and medical standard test.
- Those who declared as physically and mentally fit will then be invited for Interview/ Personality Test.
- The final result will be announced on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination and interview/ personality test.