UP Polytechnic 2020: JEECUP Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Date
The UP Joint Entrance Examination (UPJEE) will be conducted by the Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) for admission in various polytechnic courses offered by the colleges located in UP. Candidates can apply for UP Polytechnic 2020 only via online mode. The application form for UP Polytechnic will be made available in the last week of December 2019. First preference for admission will be given to the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from an institute located in Uttar Pradesh or those who are domicile of UP. The exam will be held in offline mode where the candidates will be given a question booklet along with the OMR answer sheet to mark the answers.
UP Polytechnic 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can note down the tentative dates for the UP Polytechnic 2020 exam given below for their quick reference-
|Application form availability||Last week of December 2019|
|Last date to submit the form||2nd week of March 2020|
|Correction window availability||3rd week of March 2020|
|Admit card releasing date||3rd week of April 2020|
|Exam date for Group-A courses||4th week of April 2020|
|Exam date for remaining group courses||4th week of April 2020|
|Result declaration||Last week of May 2020|
|Commencement of counselling||2nd week of June 2020|
UP Polytechnic 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of UP Polytechnic exam is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline mode (pen and paper-based)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Total number of questions: 100 questions
- Medium: Hindi and English
- Type of questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for marking correct option
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for marking incorrect option
UP Polytechnic exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the UPJEE exam will vary from course to course. Typically, the candidates will have to study the subjects taught in the qualifying examination (class 10th, 12th, graduation) as applicable.
UPJEE 2020 Application Form
- The application form for UPJEE/UP Polytechnic will be made available in the last week of December 2019 via online mode only.
- Candidates should fill the authentic information in the application form as per the official records.
- Candidates need to fill their personal details, academic details, and other relevant information in the application form.
- Only one application per shift is allowed. Multiple applications for the same shift will be rejected by the authority.
- Applicants should make sure that they have an active email id and mobile number before they proceed to the form filling part.
- The application form must be submitted before the deadline otherwise late applications will be rejected by the authority.
- Students should keep the scanned copy of latest passport sized photograph and signature handy.
- They need not send the hardcopy of the application form to the authority.
Application fee: The application fee to be paid by the General /OBC category students is Rs. 300/- and for SC/ST is Rs. 200/-. Additional bank charges might be applied during the transaction. Students can pay the application fee via credit card/debit card/net banking or E-Challan of SBI.
The eligibility criteria laid down by the authority that must be met by every candidate are given below-
Age criteria: Candidates must be at least 14 years old as on 1st July 2020. No upper age limit specified by the authority.
|A||Engineering and Technology diploma||Candidates should have passed class 10th from a recognized board with minimum 35% marks.|
|B||Agricultural engineering||Candidates should have passed class 10th with agriculture as a subject and have scored minimum 35% marks.|
|C||Fashion design, home science, textile design and engineering||Candidates should have passed class 10th from a recognized board with at least 35% marks.|
|D||Modern office management and secretarial practice, library and information science||Candidates should have passed class 12th from a recognized board with Hindi and English as subjects.|
|E||Diploma in pharmacy||Applicants should have passed class 12th with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with mathematics/biology.|
|F||PG Diploma in biotechnology||Candidates should have done B.Sc from a recognized University with Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry as the subjects.|
|G||PG Diploma||Candidates should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.|
|H||Diploma in Hotel management and Catering technology||Applicants should have passed class 12th from a recognized board with minimum 35% aggregate marks.|
|I||Diploma in aircraft maintenance engineering||Students should have competed class 12th from a recognized board and have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.|
|K1 to K8||Lateral entry to 2nd year of engineering and technology diploma course||Applicants should have passed intermediate examination with science or intermediate science with vocational subjects or possess ITI trade skills.|
Admit card- JEECUP 2020
- The admit card for JEECUP- UP Polytechnic 2020 will be released on the official website i.e. jeecup.nic.in.
- Students can download the admit card in the 3rd week of April 2020 from the official web portal of the UPJEE/JEECUP 2020.
- Candidates need to keep the printout copy of the admit card and keep it safe for the future references.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the hall ticket to the exam venue failing which they won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The admit card should be preserved till the admission is completed.
- The result of UP Polytechnic 2020 will most probably be announced in the last week of May 2020 on the official website.
- Candidates can check their scores by login into the website. The score will comprise of the marks secured by the candidates in the exam and the name of the candidates who will be appearing for the counselling.
- No scorecard will be sent to the candidates via post or any other means. Candidates can check the scores only via online mode.
- The authority will also publish the answer key along with the result.
- Candidates will be invited for counselling procedure based on their performance in the exam.
- The shortlisted candidates will need to indicate their choice of course and college during the counselling.
- They will also undergo the document verification phase where all the relevant documents in original form will be verified.
- Once the counselling is closed, the authority will allot a seat to the candidates as per their merit rank, seat availability and the choices filled during the counselling.
- Applicants then need to report to the concerned college to finish the admission related formalities.