SSC CGL 2020
Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020 which is often called as SSC CGL 2020 will be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). This exam is conducted for the recruitment of various posts under the ministries of Government of India. This is an immensely popular exam and lakhs of candidates apply for this exam every year. SSC CGL 2020 exam will be conducted in four phases i.e. tier – 1, tier – 2, tier – 3, and tier – 4. The application form for SSC 2020 is expected to be released in the month of May 2020. The mode of application will be online. The interested candidates can check all the necessary details regarding the SSC CGL 2020 exam from this post.
SSC CGL 2020 Important Dates
The tentative dates for the SSC CGL 2020 exam are mentioned in the table given below:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of online application form||1st week of May 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of June 2020|
|Release of SSC CGL Tier 1 2020 Admit Card||3rd week of July 2020|
|Date of Tier 1 SSC CGL Exam||4th week of July 2020 to 3rd week of August 2020|
|Declaration of Result for Tier 1 exam||To be announced later|
|Release of SSC CGL Tier 2 2020 Admit Card||To be announced later|
|Date of Tier 2 exam||To be announced later|
|Tier 2 Exam Result Declaration||To be announced later|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 and Tier 4 exams||To be announced later|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020
As stated earlier the SSC CGL is a 4 tier exam. The Exam pattern of all 4 tiers will be as follows:
SSC CGL 2020 Tier – 1 Exam pattern
- Mode of Exam: – Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type multiple choice questions
- Number of Questions: 100
- Duration of exam: 60 Minutes (20 Minutes extra for VH/ OH candidates)
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks will be given for a correct answer. O.5 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Subject-wise distribution of questions and marks will be as follows:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Tier – 2
The candidates who will be shortlisted after SSC CGL Tier -1 exam can participate in the Tier – 2 exam. The exam pattern for Tier – 2 will be as follows:
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of Sections: 4
- Number of Questions per section: 100
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours per section (2 hours and 40 minutes for PWD candidates)
|Section||Number of Questions||Total marks|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
|English Language & Comprehension||100||200|
Tier – 3
Mode of Exam: Offline (Pen and Paper Based Exam)
Type of Questions: Descriptive (Essay, Letter, application writing type)
Language: English/ Hindi
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
Total Marks: 100
Tier – 4 (Skill Based exam)
This exam will be conducted for certain posts only. The exam will be conducted in two steps i.e. DEST Test and CPT Test.
DEST: In this exam, the candidate will be asked to type 2000 words in English within 15 minutes on a computer.
CPT: This exam will test the candidate’s proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing and generation of slides.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020
The Syllabus of SSC CGL 2020 exam is quite vast. However, the syllabus of Tier – 1 exam will be as follows:
General Intelligence and Reasoning: Classification, Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Analogy, Paper Folding Method, Direction and Distance, Non-Verbal Reasoning, Verbal reasoning, Series etc.
General Awareness: Science, Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc., Books and Authors, Portfolios, Important Schemes, People in News.
English Comprehension: Error Spotting, One word Substitution, Sentence Correction, Phrases and Idioms, Spellings, Fill in the Blanks and Reading Comprehension.
Quantitative Aptitude: Interest, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Averages, Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Time and Work, Data Interpretation.
How to prepare for SSC CGL 2020 Exam?
The competition level of SSC CGL Exam is immensely high. If you want to clear this exam then you need to work really hard. Nevertheless, here are some tips and tricks that can help the candidates clear the SSC CGL exam with flying colors.
- First of all, make a well-structured and practical time table.
- Follow the timetable with full dedication.
- Go through the syllabus of the exam and collect the right study material accordingly.
- There is absolutely no need to opt for too many books. You should go for a limited number of good books only.
- Generate a habit of creating a short note of every important topic while studying.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock test to generate speed.
- Take short breaks while studying and never neglect your health.
SSC CGL 2020 Recommended Books
Here are some books that are recommended for the SSC CGL 2020 preparation.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to apply for the SSC CGL 2020 exam.
Age Limit: Varies for different posts (Generally, 18 to 30)
The educational qualifications that the candidates need to fulfill are given below:
For Assistant Audit Officer
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject.
- However, desirable qualifications are CS/ CA/ MBA/ Masters in Commerce/ Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Business Studies/ Masters in Commerce.
For Statistical Investigator Grade – II
- The candidates having a Bachelors degree with 60% marks in mathematics at class 12th level can apply.
- The aspirants having a Bachelors degree in any stream with statistics as one of the subjects at graduation level are also eligible.
For Compiler Posts
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics as a compulsory or elective subject.
For Rest of the Posts
- The aspirant must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
SSC CGL Application Form 2020
The application form for SSC CGL 2020 will be available in online mode through the official website only.
- In order to fill the application form, the candidates need to register themselves by providing their email address and phone number.
- After registration, the candidates can access the application form.
- The aspirants need to enter all the mandatory details in the application form accurately.
- In case the candidate is already registered on the SSC website then he/she can directly submit the application form without registration.
- Apart from the details, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in the application form.
- Finally, the candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- It is recommended that the candidates should take a print out of submitted application form for future reference.
The application fee for the candidates from different categories will be as follows:
For Women, SC, ST and Ex-servicemen candidates: Nil (Exempted from the application fee)
For rest of the candidate: Rs. 100/-
Mode of Payment
- The application fee can be paid in online mode through the online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
- Alternatively, the candidates can pay the application fee by cash using the SBI Bank challan.
- The SSC CGL 2020 Admit Card will be released online through the official website.
- The candidates please note the admit card for different Tiers will be released separately.
- The candidates who will clear the previous tier can download the admit card for the successive tier. For example: You can download the admit card for Tier II only if you have cleared the Tier I exam.
- No candidates will be allowed to give the exam without an admit card and photo identity proof.
- The applicants should keep the admit card safe till the recruitment process gets completed.
SSC CGL Result 2020
- The result of different tiers of SSC CGL 2020 exam will be released on the official website of the board.
- In order to check the result, the candidates have to provide their name and roll number.
- The result will be declared in the form of a merit list.
- The official SSC CGL Score Card 2020 will be released for every candidate after 15-20 days of the declaration of result.