SSC CAPF 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Pattern, Syllabus
Selection of the candidates for the post of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), sub-inspector in Delhi police, and assistant sub-inspectors in CISF will be done on the basis of online test. The test will be held in two rounds- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates who clear Paper 1 will be shortlisted for Paper 2. Those clearing both the tests will be considered for recruitment. Final selection of the candidates will depend on other criteria as well such as eligibility, fitness, number of vacancy, etc. The candidates will be able to submit their applications for SSC CAPF 2020 in online mode from the month of March 2020.
SSC CAPF 2020 Major Highlights
- Selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in both papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- In addition to qualifying the online exams, pass in physical fitness and medical tests are also compulsory for selection.
- Application form submitted without successful payment of application fee will not be considered.
- Candidates must keep around 10-15 copies of the photograph as the one uploaded in the application form as they will be required at all later stages.
- Candidates appointed on the basis of this examination, shall be on probation for a period of two years.
The candidates can check the tentative dates of SSC CAPF 2020 from the table below.
|Online application form release date||1st week of March 2020|
|Last date for application submission||1st week of April 2020|
|Paper 1 admit card release date||4th week of May 2020|
|Paper 1 exam date||1st week of June 2020|
|Result of paper 1||To be notified|
|Date for physical test||To be notified|
|Paper 2 admit card release date||4th week of November 2020|
|Paper 2 exam date||1st week of December 2020|
|Declaration of final result||To be notified|
SSC CAPF Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern of SSC CAPF 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Number of papers: 2
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Question paper language: English & Hindi (except English specific sections)
- Number of questions: 200
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||50||50|
|Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
Candidates who clear Paper 1 will have to undergo Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST). Only those qualifying these two tests will be allowed to appear for Paper 2.
Syllabus for SSC CAPF
The detailed syllabus for both papers for CAPF is mentioned below:
For Paper 1:
- English Comprehension: Comprehension of English and Writing Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude: Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square Roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership, Mixture & Alligation, Time & Distance, Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Heights & Distances, Histogram, etc
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Analogies, Problem Solving, Similarities & Differences, Space Visualization, Spatial Orientation, Analysis, Judgment, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, etc
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Current Affairs, History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, Politics, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research, etc
For Paper 2:
English Language & Comprehension: Error Recognition, Filling in the Blanks, Sentence Completion, Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Phrases & Idiomatic Use of Words, Comprehension, etc
- Candidates can apply online for SSC CAPF 2020 through the website ssconline.nic.in or ssc.nic.in.
- In the application form, basic personal and education details of the candidates will be asked.
- The applicants will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format.
- Choice for exam center will also be asked in the application form.
- After providing all the details, the candidates should check the form for any kind of error as no change will be possible after submission of form.
- The duly filled and checked from can then be submitted finally along with the prescribed application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/-. Women/ SC/ ST/ Ex-servicemen candidates eligible for reservation are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Fee can be paid through SBI Challan/ SBI net banking or by using credit card/ debit card.
SSC CAPF Eligibility Criteria 2020
The SSC CAPF eligibility in terms of nationality, age and qualification are given below:
|Nationality||Citizen of India, Subject of Bhutan or Nepal OR|
Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1st January 1962 to become a permanent resident
Person of Indian Origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of settling permanently
|Age||The lower and upper age limit is 20 and 25 years respectively as on 1st August 2020.|
|Qualification||A bachelor’s degree of a recognized university or equivalent is mandatory to be eligible.|
|Others||For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car)|
Physical Standard Test (for all Posts):
|Category||Height (in cms)||Chest (in cms)|
|For male candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|For female candidates only (General)||157|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||—||—|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||154||—||—|
Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts)
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chances
For female candidates only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances
Relaxation in upper age
A relaxation in upper age limit will be given to the candidates as per the following:
- For SC/ ST candidates and Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- For Ex-servicemen: 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age
- For Central Government Civilian Employees who have rendered at least 3 continuous years in service (for group ‘B’ posts: 5 years
- For Central Government Civilian Employees (SC/ ST) who have rendered at least 3 continuous years in service: 10 years
- For Departmental Candidates who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service: Upto 30 years of age (33 for OBC and 35 for SC/ ST candidates)
- For Central Government Civilian Employees (SC/ ST) who have rendered at least 3 continuous years in service (for ASI in CISF): Upto 40 years of age (45 for SC/ ST candidates)
- Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (for Group ‘C’ posts): Upto 35 years of age (40 for SC/ ST candidates)
- The admit card will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office one week before the date of examination.
- Applicants should download the admit card and take its printout to carry to exam center.
- Candidates who face any kind of difficulty in downloading their admit card must contact the concerned regional office at once.
- It is compulsory to carry at least one original photo id proof and passport size photographs along with the admit card to the exam center.
- The admit card must be kept safe as distorted or damaged admit card will not be considered as valid.
- The candidates who clear paper 1 will have to appear in the PET/ PST examination. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Those who clear the physical tests will be allowed to appear for paper 2.
- On the basis of their performance in both papers, candidates will be shortlisted for medical exam.
- Candidates, who are successful in medical exam, will be called for document verification.
- At the time of document verification, the candidates will also be allowed to provide their choice of posts.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of their merit and the choice exercised by them.