SBI PO 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
The State Bank of India will conduct the SBI PO 2020 exam in order to select the candidates for the recruitment of Probationary Officers in its different branches across India. This is a three-stage recruitment process including the Preliminary exam, Main exam and Group exercise & Interview. The candidates shortlisted in pre-exam can appear for the main exam. Similarly, the candidates shortlisted after the main exam can appear for Group exercise & interview. The SBI PO 2020 application form is expected to be released in the month of April 2020. The mode of application will be online. The interested candidates can find all the necessary details regarding SBI PO 2020 from this article.
SBI PO 2020 Important Dates
The tentative yet important dates regarding the SBI PO 2020 are as follows:
|Important Activity||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Last date to pay the application fee||2nd week of May 2020|
|Availability of Admit card for pre exam||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of preliminary exam||1st to 2nd week of July 2020|
|Result declaration of preliminary exam||3rd week of July 2020|
|Admit card for Main Exam||3rd week of July 2020|
|Date of Main Exam||1st week of August 2020|
|Declaration of Main exam result||3rd week of August 2020|
|Availability of call letter for interview||1st week of September 2020|
|Commencement of Group Exercise and Interview||4th week of September 2020 to 2nd week of October 2020|
|Final result declaration||1st week of November 2020|
The SBI PO 2020 exam pattern will be different for pre and main exam as given below:
Phase – 1 (Preliminary Exam)
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Exam)
- Type of Questions: Objective Type MCQs
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Duration of Exam: 1 Hour (Total)
Subject Wise distribution of questions and marks
|Subjects||Number of questions||Duration (in minutes)|
|Total||100 Questions||1 Hour|
Phase – 1 (Main Exam)
- Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Exam)
- Type of Questions: Both objective and descriptive type (candidates have to answer by typing on a keyboard in descriptive type questions)
- Number of Questions: 155 + 2 descriptive type questions
- Maximum Marks: 250 (200 for objective test + 50 for descriptive test)
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hours and 30 minutes (3 Hours for objective test and 30 minutes for descriptive test)
Distribution of questions and exam duration for main (Objective) test
|Subject||Number of Questions||Duration (in minutes)|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||45|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||35|
The syllabus for SBI PO 2020 is quite vast. However, the important topics from each subject for the pre exam are as follows:
Reasoning: Coding Decoding, Input Output, Blood Relations, Syllogism, Tabulation, Puzzle, Seating Arrangement, Coded Inequalities, Data Sufficiency, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Alphanumeric Series, Logical Reasoning.
Quantitative Ability: Permutation, Combination &Probability, Sequence & Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Number Systems, Data Interpretation, Time & Distance, Work & Time, Simplification etc.
English Language: Paragraph Completion, Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting, Fill in the blanks, Miscellaneous, Para jumbles, Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension.
How to prepare for the SBI PO 2020 exam?
The SBI PO is one of the most renowned banking recruitment exams in India. The candidates need to prepare really well in order to get selected. Here are some tips that can help the candidates preparing for SBI PO 2020 exam.
- First of all, you need to understand the exam pattern and syllabus really well because there is a sectional time limit in SBI PO which is quite rare among the exams.
- Understand the important topics by analyzing the previous year question papers.
- Make a proper study plan and follow it properly.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses, rectify your weakness while keep polishing your strengths.
- You won’t get much of a time for preparation between pre and main exam. So, you should prepare for both pre and main exam simultaneously.
The aspirants should fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the SBI PO 2020 exam
- The age of a candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.
- The relaxation in upper age limit will be given in the following manner
- SC/ ST candidates: 5 Years
- OBC candidates: 3 Years
- PWD: General (10 years), OBC (13 Years), SC/ ST (15 Years)
- Ex-Servicemen: 5 years
- Person having domicile of J&K (From period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989): 5 Years
- The aspirant must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidates appearing for the final year exam of graduation are also eligible.
- The candidates with chartered accountant qualification can also apply.
SBI PO Application Form 2020
The application form for SBI PO 2020 exam will be released only in online mode through the official website i.e. https://www.sbi.co.in/careers.
- In the application form, the candidates will be required to provide all the mandatory educational, personal and contact details.
- In addition to the details, the aspirants have to upload the scanned images of password size photograph and signature.
- In case any candidate makes a mistake in the application form, then he/she can rectify it through the correction window.
- The candidates can modify the application form through the correction window only three times.
- After the submission of application form, the candidates have to pay the application fee.
- It is recommended that the candidates should take the printout of submitted application form for future reference.
The SBI PO 2020 application fee will be different for all the categories as given below.
- General and OBC candidates: Rs. 600/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs. 100/-
Mode of payment
- The application fee can be paid through the online payment gateways using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
- The applicants will be able to download the admit card for all the stages of the exam from the official website of SBI.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates have to provide their registration number and password/date of birth.
- The candidates should note that the Bank will not send any hard copy of the SBI PO 2020 Admit card
- The details of exam venue and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam without a valid admit card and one photo Identity proof.
- The authorities will declare the result on the official website of SBI.
- The result will be released in the form of a PDF file; the candidates have to search their registration number in the PDF file.
- The detailed result and SBI PO 2020 score card will be released after a few days of the declaration of result.
- The candidates who will clear the Pre exam will be allowed to appear for the main exam.