SBI Clerk 2020: Application form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Preparation Tips
The State Bank of India will conduct a common recruitment exam commonly known as SBI Clerk 2020 for selecting the candidates for the post of junior associates in various branches of SBI all over India. This exam includes two phases i.e. phase – 1 (Preliminary Examination) and phase – 2 (Main Exam). It is expected that the application form for SBI Clerk 2020 will be released in the month of January 2020. The candidates applying for the vacancy of a particular state must be proficient in the local language of that state. The mode of application will be online. The interested candidates can find all the necessary details regarding the SBI Clerk 2020 from this post.
SBI Clerk 2020 Important Dates
The tentative yet important dates regarding the SBI Clerk 2020 exam are as follows:
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online application form submission||3rd week of January 2020|
|Last date to submit application form||2nd week of February 2020|
|Availability of Preliminary exam admit card||1st week of March 2020|
|Date of Preliminary exam||March/ April 2020|
|Result of Preliminary exam||To be announced|
|Issuance of Main exam admit card||4th week of April 2020|
|Date of Main exam||2nd week of May 2020|
|Main exam result declaration||To be announced|
|Availability of Admit card for Interview||To be announced|
|Date of local language test||To be announced|
|Announcement of Final result||To be announced|
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2020
The exam pattern for the SBI Clerk 2020 will be different for the Preliminary and Main exam as given below.
Phase – 1 (Preliminary Exam)
Mode of Exam: online (Computer Based Test)
Number of Questions: 100
Type of Question: Objective Type MCQ
Duration of Exam: 1 Hour
Maximum Marks: 100
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Phase – 2 (Main Exam)
Mode of Exam: Online
Type of Question: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions
Number of Questions: 190 Questions
Maximum Marks: 200
Duration of Exam: 160 Minutes
Language of Exam: Bilingual (Hindi and English)
Negative Marking: 1/4th of the marks assigned to a question will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Subject||Number of Question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours and 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk Application Form 2020
The application form for SBI Clerk 2020 will be available in online mode through the official website i.e. bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers.
- In order to fill the application form, the candidate must have a valid email id and phone number.
- The candidates have to provide all the necessary academic, contact and personal details in the application form.
- In addition to the details, the candidates must also upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature.
- After submission of online application form, the candidates need to pay the application fee in online mode.
- The candidate should take a printout of the submitted application form and fee receipt for future reference.
The application fee will be different for the candidates from different categories as given below:
- General and OBC candidates: Rs. 600/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD/ XS candidates: Rs. 100/-
Mode of payment: The application fee will be paid in online mode using a credit card, debit card or internet banking.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2020
The subject wise important topics for the SBI Clerk pre and Main exam are as follows:
Quantitative Aptitude: Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Percentages, Mixture and Allegations, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Partnership, Time & Distance, Work, Quadratic Equation, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Number Series, Simplification.
General English: Cloze Test, Fillers, Spell Checks, Sentence Correction/ Error Finding, Sentence rearrangement or Para jumbles, Reading comprehension including Synonyms and Antonyms.
General/Financial Awareness: Static Awareness, Banking/Financial terms, Static GK – country-capital, country-currency, news on banking industry, awards and honors, books and authors,latest appointments etc.
Reasoning Ability: Statement and Assumptions, Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Puzzles, Inequalities, Direction Sense, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Machine Input/output, Internet etc
Computer Awareness: Important Abbreviations, Input-Output Devices, MS Office, Internet, Networking, DBMS, Basics of Computer including Hardware, Software, Generation of Computers etc.
How to prepare for SBI Clerk 2020 exam?
A very large number of candidates apply for the SBI Clerk exam every year. That’s why the candidates should prepare really well in order to get selected. Here are the tips and tricks that can help the candidates prepare for the exam.
- The first requirement for an exemplary preparation is having the detailed knowledge about the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a well structured timetable for studies which you can follow practically.
- Answering speed is the most crucial factor to crack any banking exam. You need to learn some shortcut tricks to do long calculations in seconds.
- Go through the previous year’s question papers to understand and replicate the exam environment.
- Sometimes, self study is not just enough; you may also opt for some coaching classes.
Here are the books recommended for the SBI Clerk 2020 preparations.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Banking Awareness (Objective with Subjective) by Sangram Keshari Rout
- Computer Fundamentals by PK Sinha
- Bank Clerk English Language Chapter-wise Solved Questions by Kiran Publication.
SBI Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2020
The candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria given below in order to appear for the SBI Clerk Exam 2020
- The age of a candidate should be between 20 years to 28 years as on 01-01-2020.
- The relaxation in upper age will be given to the candidates from reserved categories in the following manner.
- SC/ST: 5 Years
- OBC: 3 Year
- PWD: General (10 Years), OBC (13 Years) and SC/ST (15 Years)
- Persons domiciled in J&K during the period from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989: 5 Years
- The candidate must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The aspirants with an integrated dual degree (IDD) should ensure that their date of obtaining the degree should be on or before 01-01-2020.
SBI Clerk 2020 Admit Card
- The admit card along with the “acquaint yourself booklet” will be released in online mode through the official website.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates need to enter their registration number and password/ date of birth.
- Please note that the authorities will not send hard copy of admit card by post.
- Details of the schedule and venue of the exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Along with the admit card, the candidates need to carry one photo ID proof at the exam center such as Aadhar/ Passport/ License Driving/ PAN Card/ Bank Passbook etc.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
SBI Clerk Result 2020
- The candidates can check the SBI Clerk 2020 result in online mode through the official website.
- To check their result, the applicants have to enter their Roll number and Date of Birth.
- Those candidates who will be selected after the pre exam will be allowed to participate in the main exam.
- The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of performance in pre, main and language test collectively.