NDA 2020: Eligibility, Application Form, Exam pattern Syllabus
For the selection of candidates into the National Defense Academy, NDA 2020 exam will be conducted. The exam will be conducted twice a year on 19th April 2020 and 6th September 2020. Applicants who clear the written exam will then have to appear for the interview and fitness test. Clearing all the three rounds will be compulsory for the candidates to be eligible for admission into the academy. The application form for April exam is going to be released on 8th January 2020 and that for September exam, in 10th June 2020.
News: NDA 2020 application form would be accessible from 8th Jan 2020.
NDA 2020 Highlights
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be the conducting body of NDA exam.
- Candidates aspiring for job in defense services can apply for NDA in online mode.
- Final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of combined performance in the written test and the interview.
- Any kind of genuine query related to selection process can be communicated to the commission.
- To appear for the exam, the candidate must hold a valid e-admit card.
- Application form, admit card and result all will be released on the official website of UPSC.
- Candidates can keep themselves up-to-date with the latest information about NDA 2020 by visiting the information brochure regularly.
The tentative dates related to NDA 2020 are given in the table below:
|NDA I||NDA II|
|Availability of application form||8th January 2020||10th June 2020|
|Last date for application submission||28th Jan 2020||30th June 2020|
|Admit card release date||April 2020, 1st week||August 2020, 4th week|
|Date of NDA exam||19th April 2020||6th September 2020|
|Result declaration||July 2020||December 2020|
|Date of interview||August 2020 to September 2020||January 2021 to April 2021|
|Declaration of final result||To be notified||To be notified|
|Beginning of classes||January 2021||July 2021|
NDA Exam Pattern 2020
The overview of NDA exam pattern 2020 is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline, i.e. pen-and-paper based exam
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Medium of test: Hindi and English both (except for English specific section)
- Negative marking: For each wrong answer one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted.
|General Ability Test||Total: 600|
General Knowledge: 400
|SSB Test/ Interview||900||———-|
NDA Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for NDA exam 2020 is given below as:
- Mathematical Ability: Algebra, Trigonometry, Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimension, Vector Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Differential Calculus and Statistics & Probability
- General Ability:
- Part A (English): Grammar & Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension & Cohesion, Understanding Of English and Workman Like Use Of Words
- Part B (General Knowledge): Basic knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography and Current Events
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for NDA 2020:
A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Age limit, Sex and Marital Status:
- For NDA I: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 2001 and not later than 1st July, 2004 are eligible.
- For NDA II: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 2002 and not later than 1st January, 2005 are eligible.
- For Army Wing: The candidates who have passed (or appearing) the class 12th examination or its equivalent conducted by State Education Board/ University are eligible.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Those who have cleared (or appearing) their class 12th exam with Physics, and Mathematics from a recognized State Education Board/ University can apply.
- The candidates must be physically and medically fit as per the physical standard prescribed by the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
Candidates will have to apply for NDA 2020 in online mode. The application form will be released on the official website of UPSC upsconline.nic.in. The applicants will be able to fill the application form using a valid email address. The application form will be in two parts-Parts I and II and the candidates must complete both parts.
- The application form will be filled by providing basic personal and educational details related to the candidates such as name, date of birth, gender, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, etc.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application.
- Duly-filled application form can then be submitted along with the specified application fee.
- After successful submission of form, the candidates should take its printout in case of future reference.
- The email address entered in the application process will be used for any further communication.
- The application fee will be Rs 100/-. SC/ ST & female applicants will be exempted from payment of application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done via credit card/ debit card or net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by cash deposit in any Branch of SBI.
Admit Card for NDA 2020
- The admit card for appearing in the exam will be released around 3 weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates should download their admit card by visiting the UPSC website upsc.gov.in and take its printout to be carried to exam center.
- Multiple printouts should be taken to be safe from loss or damage of admit card. Entry in the exam hall will be prohibited without a valid admit card.
- If a candidate is not able to download the admit card one week before the examination, he/ she should at once contact the Commission.
- Any kind of discrepancy in the admit card should also be communicated immediately to the commission.
- The candidates are advised to preserve the admit card until the complete process of selection is over.
Result & Interview
- UPSC will declare the result of the NDA written exam on their official website.
- A list of the successful candidates will be prepared for the interview process.
- Candidates whose names appear in the list will have to appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) and Pilot Aptitude Test will be conducted for the candidates selected for the Air Force.
- The applicants must report for the interview as per the schedule communicated to them in the call up letter.
- The selection of the candidates will be based on the performance of the candidates in the written exam and SSB interview.
- Final result will be announced after commencement of written exam and interview.
- Candidates who qualify both the rounds will then have to undergo medical fitness test.
- Documents and eligibility of the candidates will also be verified at the time of selection.
- Final selection will be done after the eligibility and other credentials of the candidates are verified successfully.
- Those candidates who have failed INSB/ PABT earlier are not eligible for selection in Air Force.