Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 – JCECEB and PECE Exam info
The Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 exam will be conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB). The exam, also known as Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE), will be held with the aim to select the eligible candidates for admission into polytechnic colleges of the Jharkhand state. Interested candidates will be able to apply for the exam in online mode. The application form is expected to be released in the month of April 2020 and exam to be conducted in the month of May 2020. Candidates can find the complete details related to Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 from this article.
Highlights of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020
- In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the same must be communicated to the board immediately.
- To remain updated with the details of the Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020, the candidates should visit the website and brochure on a regular basis.
- Candidates can get the specific information about the participating institutes by visiting their own website.
- Any incorrect or incomplete information into the application form can make it liable for correction.
- Application forms submitted after the last date is over will not be considered under any circumstances.
The tentative dates related to Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 are given below:
|Beginning of online application process||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of April 2020|
|Admit card release date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Date of entrance exam||3rd week of May 2020|
|Declaration of result||1st week of June 2020|
|Commencement of counselling process||2nd week of June 2020|
Jharkhand Polytechnic Application Form 2020
The application form for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 will be released online on the official JCECEB website jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in. Candidates are advised to see all the instructions very carefully before applying for the exam.
- Application form can be filled by the candidates by providing their personal and educational details.
- Choice for the exam city should also be carefully provided as the exam center is most likely to be allotted as per the choice made in the application.
- Candidates will also be required to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format in the application form.
- Application form duly filled and complete in every manner can then be submitted by the candidates in online mode.
- After submitting the application form, the candidates should take its printout and keep it safe with them for future reference.
- An application number and password will be generated that will be required for future login.
- The application fee will be Rs. 650/- (Rs. 325/- in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ female category).
- Payment of the application fee can be done using debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- No request for refund of the application fee will be entertained under any circumstances.
Overview of the Jharkhand Polytechnic exam pattern is given below:
- Duration of exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Question paper language: English and Hindi
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of questions: 150
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: +1 mark will be given for each right answer
- Negative marking: -0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
|Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
The syllabus of the Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 exam will cover the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of class 10th level.
The following are the eligibility criteria for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 that needs to be fulfilled by the candidates:
- Educational qualification: The candidates should have passed their class 10th or equivalent exam with at least 35% marks. Candidates appearing in their 10th board exam in the year 2020 are eligible too.
- Domicile: Candidates who are a permanent resident or fulfill the domicile criteria of the Jharkhand state can only apply.
- Age limit (as on 1st July 2020): Except Mining engineering course where lower age limit is 17 years, there is no age limit to appear for the exam.
- Physical standards: The candidates should be physically fit to carry out the related work of their stream.
- Candidates who submit their application form in time will be able to download their admit card in online mode.
- It is expected that the admit card will be released around 4 days before the exam from the board’s website.
- The admit card is an important document that must be carried to the exam center in order to appear for the exam.
- Those without a valid admit card will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
- In the admit card, details such as name, photograph, gender, exam center, exam time, etc will be mentioned.
- Admit card must be kept safe from loss or damage as it will also be required at the time of counseling and admission.
- Candidates will be able to check their polytechnic exam result from the official website.
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test, merit lists will be prepared.
- Overall as well as category-wise merit list will be prepared.
- Counseling of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted in the order of their ranking in the merit list.
- No provision for rechecking or re-evaluating of the results will be provided by the board.
- The details of the counseling process will be provided to the candidates through local newspaper and official website as well.
- Candidates reporting for counseling will have to submit a specified amount of fee through RTGS or card swipe.
- All the documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified at the time of counseling.
- Applicants will be also allowed to provide choice for the course and institute at the time of counseling.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of their choice, ranking and availability of seats.
- Different rounds of counseling will be held depending on the number of candidates qualifying the exam and vacant seats.
The following documents in original and at least one self-attest copy of these documents must be carried by the candidates while reporting for the counseling process.
- Admit card of class 10th
- Class 10th marks sheet
- Class 10th pass certificate
- Domicile/ permanent resident certificate
- Caste certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)
- Income certificate (for economically backward candidates)
- Disability certificate (for PWD candidates)
- One passport sized photograph
- Admit card of polytechnic exam
- Counseling letter (if published by the board)
- Letter of dependency (for the candidates who are dependants of Defence Personnel)