IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Date, Eligibility
Admission into B.Ed course offered by IGNOU will be granted on the basis of entrance test organized by the National Testing Agency. Interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill their application in online mode. The entrance test is supposed to be held on 29th April 2020. The exam will be held for duration of 2 hours asking about a 100 questions related to English, Reasoning, General Awareness, etc. Experience in teaching is mandatory for the candidates to be eligible for admissions. Complete details of the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 process will be communicated to the candidates through this post.
News: You can access IGNOU B.Ed application form from 31st January 2020 onwards.
Major Highlights of IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020
- The copies to be uploaded in the application form should be scanned from the original documents and not their photocopies.
- An email regarding successful submission of application will be sent to the candidates on their registered email address.
- In order to appear for the exam, the candidates must hold a valid admit card.
- Candidates must make sure that they completely fulfill the eligibility criteria (including experience) before applying for admission.
- Applications submitted after the last date is over will not be considered for further processing.
Check below the tentative dates related to IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 in the table below:
|Application form release date||31st Jan 2020|
|Last date for submitting application form||29th Feb 2020|
|Issue of admit card||1st April 2020|
|Date of entrance exam||29th April 2020|
|Declaration of result||10th May 2020|
IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2020
The IGNOU B.Ed 2020 application form will be released on the official website of IGNOU ignou.ac.in. Candidates who register themselves successfully will be able to fill and submit the application form.
- The registration form can be filled by the candidates by providing their basic personal details.
- Once registered successfully, a username and password will be generated.
- Using this username and password, the candidates can login to fill their application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide program details, personal details, educational details, contact details, etc.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph, signature, experience certificate, category certificate in the application form.
- After providing all the details in the application form, the candidates can submit the form in online mode.
- A copy of the filled-in application form should be kept safe with the candidates in case of future correspondence.
- An application fee of Rs. 1000/- also needs to be submitted along with the application form.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using net banking facility or credit card/ debit card.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.ed
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2020 aspirants:
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree and/ or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity and at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam are eligible.
- Those with Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto are also eligible.
- In addition to this, candidates should be trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode can apply too.
- A relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks will be provided to SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL/ PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Government.
- Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
The overview of the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam pattern is given below:
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Question paper language: English and Hindi
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response
|Part||Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Section V||Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU B.ed Syllabus 2020
The complete syllabus for the IGNOU B.Ed 2020 exam is given below:
- General English Comprehension: Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Articles, Preposition, Tenses, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Coding- Decoding, Logical Sequence, Number Series, Letter Series, etc
- Educational and General Awareness: Basic Science, Social Science (History, Geography and Civics), General Knowledge, Education System in India, etc
- Teaching- Learning and the School: Child Development and Psychology, Knowledge on the Learning Process, Classroom Teaching, Classroom Training, etc
- Subject Competence: Questions related to the subject selected by the candidates and based on the curriculum of class 9th and 10th as prescribed by NCERT/ CBSE
- The admit card for IGNOU B.Ed entrance test will be issued online most probably in the month of December 2019.
- The candidates can download the admit card from the official website of IGNOU.
- Candidates should take a printout of the admit card to be carried to the exam center.
- The candidates should check all the details mentioned on the admit card and if any discrepancy found, must communicate it to the concerned authority.
- Admit card must be kept safe by the candidates as it will also be required at the time of admission.
Result & Admission
- Candidates can check the IGNOU B.Ed result 2020 from the official website.
- Those who clear the entrance test will be eligible for admission into the B.Ed courses offered by the university.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be made in accordance with their marks in the entrance exam.
- The candidates whose names appear in this list will be invited to take part in document verification and admission process.
- Candidates will be admitted after their documents and other criteria are verified by the university.