The Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET) 2020 will be conducted with the aim to select the candidates for admission into engineering, technology and pharmacy courses. Candidates who wish to take admissions into the colleges of Goa state can fill their application and appear for the exam. The application form is expected to be released in the month of March 2020 in online mode. The entrance test will be tentatively held in the month of May 2020. Candidates can get the complete details of GCET 2020 from this post below.
Major Highlights of GCET 2020 Exam
- Applicants, who have passed the qualifying examination from boards other than the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education are required to produce Eligibility Certificate from Registrar, Goa University.
- Application forms submitted after the last prescribed date will be accepted with an additional late fee of Rs. 1500/-.
- The details of the entrance test such as date, time and venue will be communicated through the admit card.
- An applicant listed in the merit list shall be eligible for all rounds of admission, irrespective of whether he/ she has attended/ availed admission in the earlier rounds or not.
- Candidates are advised to go through the information brochure carefully before they proceed with the application process.
The candidates can check the tentative dates related to GCET 2020 from the table below.
|Announcement of GCET dates||October 2019, last week|
|Uploading of prospectus on website||February 2020, last week|
|Availability of application forms at the Application Reception Centre||March 2020, 4th week|
|Last date for receiving forms and collecting admit cards||March 2020, last week|
|Last date for receiving forms and collecting admit cards with late fee of Rs. 1500/-||April 2020, 4th week|
|Date of entrance test||May 2020, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||May 2020, 3rd week|
|Start of receiving of application forms for admission||May 2020, 3rd week|
|Last date for receiving forms for admission||May 2020, 4th week|
|Display of eligibility list||June 2020, 1st week|
|Last date for receiving grievance in case of discrepancy in the eligibility list||June 2020, 2nd week|
|Display of provisional merit list||June 2020, 2nd week|
|Display of final merit list||June 2020, 3rd week|
|Beginning of admission process||June 2020, 3rd week|
Overview of the GCET 2020 exam pattern is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Duration of the test: 2 hours (each section)
- Number of questions: 225
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 225
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be given for every correct answer
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Sections||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
GCET Application Form 2020
The candidates can obtain the application form for GCET 2020 by visiting the Application Reception Centre. In the application form, the candidates will be asked to provide their personal and educational details such as name, gender, date of birth, category, qualifying exam passing year, marks obtained, school name, board name, etc. Candidates must take care while providing these details as any kind of incomplete or incorrect information can lead to rejection of the application form. After providing all the required information into the application, the candidates can submit it to the reception center in person. Outside Goa candidates can send their forms via post addressed to the ‘Chairman, Admission Committee, Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa 403521’. Along with the form, an application fee, three identical photographs and other specified certificates (self attested photo copies) also needs to be submitted.
The GCET 2020 application fee will be Rs. 2000/- and can be remitted in the account of ‘Directorate of Technical Education’ with client code ‘DRCTORTEDU’ in any branch of HDFC Bank in the State of Goa. Outside Goa candidates sending forms by post can remit the application fee via demand draft payable in the name of ‘Director of Technical Education’ at Panaji-Goa.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria in order to be eligible for GCET 2020:
- Candidates of Indian nationality, NRI, PIO and OCI candidates are eligible for admissions.
- No age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admission to engineering and pharmacy courses.
- For Bachelor of Engineering: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Bio-Technology /Computer Science/ Biology and secured not less than 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in the aggregate of these subjects. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also mandatory.
- For Bachelor of Pharmacy: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Biology and secured not less than 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates) in the aggregate of these subjects. English as a subject at 10+2 level is also mandatory.
- After submission of application form, the candidates will be handed-over their photo admit card.
- Admit card will only be issued to the candidates in person.
- The candidates must carry their admit card to the exam center or else they will be debarred from appearing in the exam.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their admit card till the complete process of admission is over.
- Results will be available on website and on notice board at DTE as per the given schedule.
- No individual score card will be issued to the candidates.
- An eligibility list of the candidates will be prepared and displayed at Admission Center.
- The candidates should check their details in this list and any discrepancy should be informed for correction.
- Category-wise and course-wise merit list will then be prepared by the authorities for admission process.
- Admissions will be granted to the candidates on the basis of their performance in the entrance test.
- Candidates are required to be present in person at the time of admission along with all the original documents and fees.
- The applicants will also be given a chance to provide the choice for seats based on their merit.
- Admission of the candidates will be considered as final after submission of original documents and fees.