GATE 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus
GATE 2020 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2020) exam will be conducted jointly by IIT Delhi on 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th Feb 2020. Candidates seeking admission or financial aid in the Master’s /Doctoral program offered by various government and private colleges/universities in the country must apply for the exam by filling the online application form. Many PSU’s also consider the GATE score obtained by the candidates for recruitment in different posts.
The application form for GATE 2020 exam will be released on 3rd September 2019. Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria before they proceed for the application form. Aspirants should note that the GATE score will be valid for the duration of three years from the announcement of results.
News: IIT Delhi will organize GATE 2020. The application form is releasing on 3rd September 2019.
GATE 2020 Important Dates (Out)
|Application form availability||3rd September 2019|
|Last date to submit the online application form||24th Sep 2019|
Extended date- 1st Oct 2019
|Request for change in exam city||15th Nov 2019|
|Admit card releasing||3rd January 2020|
|GATE exam date||1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th February 2020|
|Releasing of answer key||3rd week of February 2020|
|Result declaration||16th March 2020|
|Releasing of scorecard||Last week of March 2020|
- Nationality: Indian and Foreign Nationals can apply for the exam.
- Age criteria: There will be no age limit defined for the candidates.
|Qualifying exam||Qualifying exam/degree||Candidate’s description||Year of qualification (not later than)|
|B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharma||Candidates should have done B.Tech after 10+2 or hold a 3 year bachelor’s degree after B.Sc /Diploma in Engineering/Technology||Completed/ appearing in final year||2020|
|B.Arch||Candidates should have done 5 years of B.Arch course||Completed/appearing in final year||2020|
|B.Sc (Research)/B.S||Bachelor’s degree in science (post-diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Completed/appearing in final year||2020|
|Pharma.D||6 years of program including internship or residency training during 6th year||Currently in 4th/5th/ 6th or completed||2022|
|M.Sc/M.A/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Application or equivalent||Completed/appearing in final year||2020|
GATE Application form 2020
The application form for GATE will be released on 3rd September 2019. Candidates can fill the form via online mode only. Before proceeding for the form, candidates should keep their important documents handy along with the scanned photograph and signature. They must register themselves using a valid email id and mobile number. Once the registration is done, they’ll receive an enrollment id and password on their registered email and phone number.
Candidates need to login to the GOAPS portal using the enrollment id and password. The details in the application form must be filled as per the correct knowledge and official records. However, if candidates commit a mistake in the form, they will be given an opportunity to make changes in the form through the correction window. Candidates should upload the documents and images in proper format and then proceed for the payment section. It is compulsory for all the candidates to pay the application fee for the exam failing which the applications of such candidates will end up getting rejected. Applicants need not send the hardcopy of the application form.
|Category||On or before the due date||During the extended period|
|For exam center in India|
|Female||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|For exam center outside India|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $ 50||US $ 70|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $ 100||US $ 120|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee via online mode i.e. through credit card/net banking/debit card.
GATE Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates should note the exam pattern to get an idea about the exam. The exam pattern is given below-
- Exam mode: Online (computer-based test)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Language: English only
- Type of Questions: Objective type and numerical questions
- Total number of papers: The exam will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.
- Total number of questions: 65 questions
- Total marks: 100 marks
- Marking scheme: There will be questions carrying 1 and 2 marks.
- Negative marking: For questions carrying 1 mark, 1/3rd marks will be deducted for wrong answer. For questions carrying 2 mark, 2/3rd marks will be deducted. No negative marking for NAT questions.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can appear for only one of the given 24 subjects/papers.
GATE Syllabus 2020
The syllabus of GATE exam will be based on the subjects/topics taught at degree level. Candidates need to know that the syllabus will differ from discipline to discipline. The complete syllabus can be seen from the GOAPS portal. Here’s the syllabus for some of the disciplines-
- General Aptitude (common to all): English grammar, sentence completion, critical reasoning and verbal deduction, word groups, numerical reasoning, data interpretation etc.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE): Engineering mathematics, structures, flight mechanics, space dynamics, aerodynamics, propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG): Engineering mathematics, soil and water conservation engineering, farm machinery, farm power, irrigation and drainage engineering, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE): Engineering mathematics, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH): Engineering mathematics, process calculations and thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and mechanical operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS): Engineering mathematics, digital logic, computer organization and architecture, programming and data structures, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR): Architecture and design, building materials, construction and management, building and structure, environmental planning and design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): Engineering mathematics, recombinant DNA technology, plant and animal biotechnology, general biotechnology etc.
- Candidates can download the admit card of GATE 2020 via online mode only.
- No admit card shall be sent by post or email.
- To download the GATE hall ticket, candidates need to visit the official web portal of the GOAPS.
- Candidates should keep a colored printout copy of the admit card.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card to the exam hall along with the original photo id proof.
- Without the admit card, candidates won’t be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The admit card should be preserved for future references.
- The result of GATE will be announced on the official web portal of GOAPS.
- Candidates will be able to check their result in the 3rd week of March 2020.
- They can also download their scorecard from the GOAPS portal. The scorecard will be valid for 3 years from the announcement of result.
- The authority will also release the answer key a few days after the exams are over.
- The authority won’t organize a centralized counselling for admission. For admission, applicants have to apply to the concerned institute separately.
- Many private and government institutes will conduct their own counselling procedure to select the candidates for admission in different Master’s/ Doctoral programme.